Re: [PyrNet-L] crating

At 08:13 PM 8/7/98 -0400, mrognlie@gamerz.net wrote:
>I have a question I need information about.  I just got a puppy.  He is 10
1/2

>weeks old and I have been home with him all week.  On Monday I go to work.
>will be gone for 4 1/2 hours in the morning, spend time with him for 1 1/2
hours
>and then back for another 3 1/2 hours.  My question since he sleeps a lot
and
>is not well house trained, should I crate him while I am gone or should I put
him
>in a room for these hours?

Get up early enough that you can get him fed and he'll have plenty of time to
go to the bathroom several times before you leave in the morning. He should be
fine. But definitely crate him. He's old enough that he can physically hold it
for those amounts of times if you give him plenty of chance to go before you
leave. Those were my work hours with several of my pups and contrary to what
other people do, I didn't put water in there with them but I gave free choice
water when I was home.
Mitzi Potter   OKC  OK
http://members.aol.com/pyrs/dogs.htm