Re: [PyrNet-L] Microchip question

We had both of our two microchipped this Spring. We had Paddington
tattooed when he was neutered (at 6 months) and planned to do the same
with Ivy Rose when she was spayed, but the machine wasn't working. So to
avoid an extra anesthesia, we took the vet's advice and went with the
microchip. It was done in a matter of seconds, Paddington didn't seem to
even notice, although Ivy flinched a bit, but that was it. The only
problem is whether or not people finding a dog are attuned enough to this
technology to look for it. Our vet had an experience where her dog
escaped, and she found it at a shelter because she went looking for him.
He was tattooed and microchipped and no one had checked for either!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose