Re: [PyrNet-L] dumb question/books

Ann Wetherilt wrote:

> The only thing I'd be sure to mention is the pyr sensitivity to
> anesthesia. Our vet always does all possible pre-op testing and other
> monitoring of all vital signs. Pyrs tend to need less of this medication
> to sedate them because of their metabolism.
> He'll probably feel just fine afterwards....a bit groggy for a few hours
> maybe. Paddington had surgery on his knee as well as being neutered, so I
> don't think he ever noticed the latter, poor guy. Ivy Rose was less active
> for 2 days, then we had to work at not letting her be too active!
> Good luck, I'm sure he'll be fine!
> Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose

Thanks for all of your advice!  I took Samson in this morning for his
neutering procedure, and he was so happy to see his vet (a great man).
I told him about the anesthesia and he said he would pay extra attention
to it!  I am picking him up at 5:00 today.  I guess I'm just really
nervous because I am single, live alone, and Samson is my life - and if
anything ever happened to him I would freak!!

Another question from a new Pyr mom - How long should I let his claws
get before I trim them, and what is the best procedure in trimming them?
His dew claws are VERY long, and he scratches when he shakes (his
favorite greeting!)  Thanks for your input!

Autumn and Samson