Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Proposed county regulations

Shirley McGreal wrote:

> The article below appeared in the Charleston newspaper and public hearings
> will be coming up next week. While I am not opposed to reasonable
> regulation and am aware of serious animal abuse in our area, I am concerned
> about the vagueness of definitions (what is "excessive" whining or
> cackling, for example?), possible retroactivity to county residents with
> many animals (be they dogs, horses, or whatever) and giving animal control
> officers police power to enter private property and execute seizures.
>
> snip <
>                        Owners could be cited for:
> snip <
>                        •  Maintaining property that is offensive, annoying
> or dangerous because of the number, type, variety, density or location of
> animals on the property.
> snip <

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but this part bothers me quite a
bit... Is there something specific as to "type" or is it determined by
your neighbors? My neighbors are offended by the fact that I have big
dogs (pyrs and malamutes scare them - they have yorkies), and CONSTANTLY
complain that they shouldn't be allowed anywhere but a farm (huh?!).
(They've called the city on sillier things - we got a ticket for parking
both our cars in the DRIVEWAY at the same time because the two together
are too long and the van hung out over the sidewalk part way...).

Kris and the BIG dogs (looking at me with big brown eyes - "We wouldn't
eat a Yorkie, mom!")