Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Ruptured cruciate ligament

In a message dated 11/22/98 11:24:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sandybear@intercity.dk writes:

<< Part of the problem here is that this puppy is already sold, and should
 have gone to his new family this tuesday. I have of course offered to
 cancel the deal, but the family really want the puppy. But they also do not
 want to start out with problems and a puppy who may never be completely
 sound again. I realize that you can't give me any guaranties, just like I
 can't give the family, but any experience will be really appreciated, as it
 might help them make up there mind.  They are coming here on tuesday as
 planned to see for themselves how he looks, and to take a look at the white
 male, who is still not sold, but they want a marked one, and that I don't
 have.  >>

Probably should not sell this pup.  Never seen a cruciate ligament in such a
young dog, but this seems like it could be very serious.  I do not know when
surgery would be indicated, i.e., at what age.

Joe