Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Health: Luxated patella/Growth

Becky, I don't remember exactly how much we're giving Paddington, but
we've used the dosage on the container. It suggests 4 capsules for the
first month to six weeks, then reduction to the amount that maintains the
dog. I'd do the same with Cooper, I think. Use the maximum amount
initially, then try reducing it just a little to make sure that he doesn't
deteriorate any.
Glad to hear he's doing well. What the glucosamine does, according to what
I've read and heard, is stimulate the cartilage to produce more fluid,
which makes joint movement more comfortable, thus encouraging the dog to
use a weaker joint more and build up muscle tone. It seems to have had
that effect on our boy. At his last general check-up our vet said she
really couldn't tell much difference in muscle tone between his two rear
legs, which was really good news.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose