[PyrNet-L] Animals and healing(long kinda)

Okay..here is a story that is very close to my heart. Hope you all enjoy!

I had a litter of  8 Pyr Pups this spring. 2 went to be livestock guardians,
the other 6 went to families. Anyway- they were about 8 weeks old and one
afternon my mom calls me. A woman that she worked with had a husband who had
cancer. They had to put their White German Shepard Dog to sleep due to old age
and complications. Well, the man was very attatched to the GSD. The dog had
been dying for a couple of months, and as the dog's condition worsened, so did
the man. After the dog was euthanised, he got really sick. His insurance
nailed him to the wall because he was too sick with cancer to work, and they
are still in a battle over medical expenses. Well my mom said that they could
not afford to purchase a dog and would I give them a pup. After much
consideration, I said yes. They came out and picked it up, I picked out a nice
female. This was in June I think. Well, Molly is her name, and I could not
have asked for a better home! She is so rotten! I hear all kinds of stories.
And she is totally indoors with a huge yard to play in. They take her
everywhere, she even has her own recliner! Well, the man's health has swiftly
improved since. He gets out and walks Molly, he has gained 25lbs and looks
great. Well, he went to the doctor last week and got a clean bill of health.
They still have some tests out, but the doctor could not find any cancer! Now
I can't say it WAS the dog, but I'm sure she helped out in her own special
way. She watches over him too. But I cried last week when I heard that, It
made me feel good. I am glad that I could help bring happiness to someone!
Merry Christmas all!

Melissa, Maddie, Samson and Tanner