Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.19981231-1

Don't let him loose on his own.No pyr young or old can be really trusted to
remain in boundaries not determined by a fence.(And of course some don't
respect fences either)Pyrs are often lost or killed by cars when they've been
allowed to roam or get out of their yards.To a puppy everything looks worthy
of exploration and an adult can roam a long distance before asking themselves
which way is home.Remember our breed historically ranged long distances with
their sheep herds.Most breeders will ask a prospective pyr owner to have a
fence before they get a pyr because of the danger.Please don't trust your
puppy out on his own.Maybe you could fence a small area for the time being.
I'm sorry about the allergy problem.It has to be really hard on you not to
have Samson in the house with you.
Good luck
Marcia