Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.19990103

KRISTI DUCKETT wrote:

> He said that Samson's dew claws should have been removed at 2 days old, but now he is too big.  I have always heard that you shouldn't remove them.  I was relieved that the breeder had left them.  Am I wrong?

Samson's dew claws are right where they are supposed to be...on him! Willow is a rescue and her previous family listened to their vet and had her dew claws removed when she was spayed...what a loss...the double dew claws are a distinctive part of the Pyr...

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and

To a dog..."If there is no God for thee,
then there is no God for me." A.H. Branch

The puppers: http://www.barkavenue.com/innerpuppie/puppers
Tony II at the Bridge: http://www.bargraph.com/tony