Re: [PyrNet-L] dew claws

<< My Panda and Mom's four Pyrs all came equipped with their full allotment of
 dew claws. They get caught in things, break off, one of Yeti's rear dewclaws
 even came off with a chunk of meat still attached, and so on.... our vet says
 once they're off the dog isn't show material anymore, but that there's no
 "harm" in it.

 I kind of like the unique look of the two extra claws in the back (all our
 dogs have front dewclaws). Makes the Pyr 'different', or should I say even
 more "Pyr-ish"......

 Kathy  >>

Kathy, I know a guy who cut off his finger with a circular saw, but that
doesn't mean I would support  anyone having fingers removed to avoid hurting
them!
I personally think there IS harm in it (removing them that is), as depending
on the dog they often contain bone and cartilage that is attatched to the paw
and can be painful when removed and potentially useful if left alone.     Ted