Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Behavior: aggression btw male sibs

<<Are you sure they are really fighting seriously?  It has been said that
good hard play-fighting among dogs is one of the healthiest ( mentally
and emotionally ) thing dogs can do.  And the harder they do it, the
better they live and deal with humans.  I know this is hard, because my
four get really rough sometimes, and I would step in far faster, far more
often, if I gave in to my own feelings on this. >>

I only have one Pyr, but three (was four) dogs. The play gets really rough! We
have actually had to get vet treatment for dislocations, torn muscles........
When my brother came to visit he was beating the dogs with a piece of
fireplace wood for nothing more than play, while I was at work (He was
charged, paid a fine to humane society,  and has been banished for life). It
took years to get the dogs over the psychological trauma from that, though
whether it was disrupted play or the  beating, we don't know. So, that is a
point. They may be rough players.

As far as water/ food agression, Hoover guards both, Panda lays close and
growls, but so far there's been nothing more than snaps and threats. Hoover,
ten and arthritic, weighs 72 pounds; Panda-Pyr 102. My mothers two, the same
thing. May always be some of it no matter what you do.

Good luck -
Kathy