Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Health: Puppymills...

<If you have the time, and would like to know more about pups
born in a mill situation, the following URL is very
informative...

 http://www.wtnh.com/news/specials/111197breeders1.html
-->>

I'll try to come up with the followup to that story, though I must warn you,
it ain't pretty. Before that winter was over a truck carrying hundreds of
puppies caught fire on the highway. The driver thought the pups were cold, so
he lit a fire in an inapproprite heating device - Kerosene heater? Propane
heater ? - in the trailer. Trailer caught fire. Frantic motorists were hurt
pulling burning and smothering puppies out, and the papers ran pics of people
giving mouth- to- muzzle rescue breathing. CT Attorney General Joe Lieberman
(new atty gen Richard Blumenthal also outraged; sure he followed up too)
raised hell over it; once in awhile we see progress reports in  paper, but
I'll have to research to find outcome. Few things have disgusted people that
much...... rare now to find pet shops with puppies in CT. Seems to me that new
ones can't be opened, but I need to verify that - don't take it as gospel,
please! Will check with vet & co. Cruise net if you please..... I'm on my way
to work, may take me days to check around.

Kathy Hubbell
Middlefield CT
KGHubGas@aol.com