[PyrNet-L] Pyr story for ya

Lets see we, we mentioned a few weeks ago that we had picked up a  stray
male Pyr from the local pound. Have had no one claiming him and has
seemed to intergrate fine with our family, other Pyrs, and most of our
animals, occasionaly barking at the pot belly pigs in their garden
cages.( We use the PBP's to till up garden area). Yesterday one of the
pigs had gotten out and being busy, we had'nt bothered to chase him into
a corner and catch him, so he was still running around loose this
morning. About 10:00  my daughter came running in saying the new dog was
chasing  the pig. I was on the phone with a customer, and said not to
worry about, but a minute later  my wife goes tearing out of the house
yellling that Jasper, the new Pyr, had the pic down  and was killing the
pig. I excused myself from the phone and ran outside. The bloodied pig
had gotten up and was running, and Jasper was after it. Very
disheartening for a Pyr lover. But the redeeming value of this tragic
picture was our two 17 week old Pyr pups, Jake and Bonnie Bee, who were
attacking Jasper like two little hornets, hangin on to him like little
bulldogs in a cartoon. They knew this was not right. Wished I had a
video camera.  Their mother, Kindermadchen (German for nanny) was asleep
in the house. Wish we could have seen her reaction, especially since she
has grudgingly accepted the newcomer.

Not sure what to do with Jasper now, he is very protective of the place,
and good with the kids all over him, but this practice is unacceptable.
I was sortof thinking about sticking him in a cage with the pigs, where
there is barely enough room for any of them to turn around, and seeing
how he does. Any one got any ideas about breaking this type behavior? I
hate to do it with a bullet, but that is quite rightly what will happen
to him if goes after the neighbors livestock. Right now he is in the
chicken cage (about 50 foot diameter enclosure), where he does not
bother the chickens at all. This is where we kept him the first few days
acclimating him to the place.

Scott Pilkington
Import, sales and service of Steyr-Mannlicher competition guns
             Fine engraving on arms and knives
                           http://www.pilkguns.com
 931-924-3400    fax 931-924-3489