No Subject

I remember when  Krysta was about 1 1/2 years old we were all outside,
her playing and me picking up poop (something  we all do <g>). I turned
around and there was Krysta and Amy by the water bucket. Amy laying down
and Krysta with her little cup filling it with dirt and carefully
pouring it on Amy's back, Amy mind you not complaining one bit. I told
her not to do that to Amy and Amy got up and walked away. I turned
around a few minutes later to find Amy was back laying down and getting
her "dirt bath" as Krysta says. What could I do, they were both enjoying
themselves. Needless to say a few minutes later that little cup was
going into the water bucket  and carefully pouring water onto Amy's
back, and Krysta saying "I have to wash off the dirt". I swear Amy was
smiling and as happy as she could be. I remember thinking, this is what
pyrs are all about, taking care of the kids, running the fence lines of
the property when something was out there, being part of the family, and
that was why I have and breed these dogs.

Several of my friend's toddlers through the years, and my own, would be
walking and alittle unsteady on their feet, Amy would be right their
beside them and if they started to fall she would lean close to the
toddler and they would grab hold of her coat and steady themselves so as
not to fall.

Amy was buried on our property next to her brother, aunt,  mom, grandma.
My husband came home with roses for his girls today. One for me, one for
each of our 2 daughters and 1 for Amy. The girls went and laid the rose
out for Amy and said they would look in the sky tonight for her. They
found her up in the sky tonight and  told me that she is the big star at
the end of the big dipper.

Goodbye good friend,

Kim Lasley
Mistry