Re: [PyrNet-L] Travel Warnings

<<This is not the first time these thugs have frequented this or other
rest stops>>

Many years ago I was traveling through Vermont with Toopher. Vermont is a very
rural, low-crime state.
About midnight I stopped at a rest stop to take a break. One lone car was way
at the south end of the lot.
Toopher went into the ladies room with me. As we approached the stalls Toopher
braced herself in front of my legs, stopping me. She snarled at the stalls. I
looked; no feet underneath. The handicapped stalls aren't the same design.
They have a solid floor to ceiling cinder block wall, with a real oak door. I
chose that stall. Toopher growled at the second stall as we passed. On the way
out, same thing. I beat feet out of there, real fast!
Two days later (next day? well, soon after) Maggie called. A woman had been
killed at a rest stop. The killer had waited in the stall, then had come over
the top, stabbing her. No more gory details here. But I had no doubt, my dog
had saved my life!
This was the same dog who made me get up when the house filled with smoke and
I was overcome enough so I didn't care if I died. Knew I was going to, but was
gone enough so it was OK with me. She kept at me until I got up.

When she died we did an autopsy, and what they found out has helped Clondike
with her chemotherapy, probably prolonging her life!

Not bad for a free newspaper give-away puppy dragged out from behind a sofa,
taken in to our home at 10 weeks old to rescue her from God-knows-what, huh?

Be careful on the road...
Kathy, Hoover (Toophers reincarnation), Panda-Pyr, and Standish