Re: [PyrNet-L] Travel Warnings

In a message dated 2/28/99 12:43:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, KGHUBGAS@aol.com
writes:

<< Toopher went into the ladies room with me. As we approached the stalls
Toopher
 braced herself in front of my legs, stopping me. She snarled at the stalls. I
 looked; no feet underneath. The handicapped stalls aren't the same design.
 They have a solid floor to ceiling cinder block wall, with a real oak door. I
 chose that stall. Toopher growled at the second stall as we passed. On the
way
 out, same thing. I beat feet out of there, real fast!
 Two days later (next day? well, soon after) Maggie called. A woman had been
 killed at a rest stop. The killer had waited in the stall, then had come over
 the top, stabbing her. No more gory details here. But I had no doubt, my dog
 had saved my life! >>

   Scarey!  I have a bit of a paranoia about ladies' rooms at rest stops and
parks, as I was almost sexually attacked in Illahee State Park and only
stopped the attacker because I had a hammer under the seat of my car and got
to it. I was the 14th victim and most were attacked in the rest room. He was
caught his 16th time and then they let go because he had mental problems,
although was also an ex-con. At least 19 positive ID's and they let him go!!
I was walking down the street shortly afterwards and there he was walking
towards me!!  I ran into an auto parts store and called police only to learn
they had let him go and also to learn that he lived only 1.5 blocks from me as
crow flies. That was about 17 years ago and still hate going into restrooms
like that!  Last time we went to same park and I took Albert with me! And
believe it or not there was a man in there!!  Boy! Did I get mad!!  And he got
out of there fast! I followed him with Albert and found out his site # &
turned him in!  I have taken Albert with me numerous times!! Feel so much
safer!

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.