[PyrNet-L] Re: Behavior: Aggression or normal coming of age?

  was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem that recently took
place concerning my 14 month old male Pyr. I am noticing a change in his
personality, a bit more bossier, more apt to get in the other dogs faces (I
also Have an almost 1 year old female Pyr and a 15 year old mixed breed
female) they cant even walk by him while he is chewing on a rawhide or bone of
any type without him getting up growling, and chasing them away, he is not
actually trying to bite but now has my 15 year old dog terrified of him. I of
course am correcting the behavior as soon as it happens, and its gotten to the
point where i grab him by the scruff, take his bone away and let him know this
is not acceptable and that I am not going to tolerate it. He has nevershown
any type of aggresion to me while i take it away from him, which has me
wondering is this typical behavior of a young male Pyr amongst other dogs and
can I expect to change this? My main concern is I feel like I cant let him get
away with anything, not knowing if he will then start trying to be "boss"
around my children as well. (a son who is 11, and a daughter who is 9 ) I have
noticed a change in the way he reacts towards my 11 year old son (who
absolutely adores him and treats him gently and with respect) if my son is
eating he will try to practically sit on top of him to get to this food
(again, we immediately correct him ) but yet he will not do this to anyone
else in the family. And on the most recent incident, after coming in from our
yard on a rainy day my son was drying his paws off on the porch with me by his
side and Darby started growling and leaned his mouth down to my sons hand, I
stood over him and let him know in no uncertain terms that he better not even
think about it. ....I'm not sure if he is just seeing what we will allow him
to get away with or not and up until about the past month or so he has had the
sweetest, most mellow temperment, extremely laid back....Any suggestions on
curbing his new behavior would be greatly appreciated..Thank You

 Sue