[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert's days as one Future Shop's unofficial mascot are over

   Albert's days as one Future Shop's unofficial mascot are over.  My son
Steve (23) has been a computer salesmen there for 2.5 yrs. and lately also a
manager at times there.  When Albert was a pup we took videos of him and they
were so cute that they played it and then there were three walls full of
little Alberts up there!!  Wish I'd have gotten a video of that!!!   Albert
often went to visit his fan club of sorts there! Employees and customrs alike
flocked to visit Albert!  Everyone loved to see him and didn't seem to mind
the Pyr hair all over their dress pants. He was always a big hit.  We have
made friends with many of them there.
   Yesterday was my son Steve's day off from Future Shop and we had dress
rehearsal for our play "Anne Of Green Gables" that we are both in and I am
doing costumes for.  He thus missed the mass handing out of pink slips. But
not the pink slip.  He's now out of a job.  And he just had to go to a
neighbouring state for training for them!!  Go figure!!  Seems they are
closing all their US stores.  I told Steve that we'll get through this
together.  As soon as I am done with a lot of last minute details with the
play this week I will try to take on another client so I can help him meet his
bills. (Including his Future Shop bills!  Yes, he, too just bought stuff from
there as he always was doing . He had just came home with a new DVD player
this weekend with an extended warranty, no less!!) Plus he was shopping for a
different car as his is biting the dust bigtime. (Water and anti-freeze
getting in his oil! YIKES!) His has a lot of bills to pay. He's a good kid.
One of the best I think!  At least he is single and has no children and can
continue to live here. Some have it a lot worse. Hate to see this happen to
him and the rest.
   So all you angry Future Shop customers: don't blame the salesmen and
managers if you have made purchases and gotten extended warranties.  They are
in the same boat only they no longer have an income to pay those bills!!  And
they didn't have a clue this was going to happen. Evidently only corporate
bigwigs knew.
   And the company lost one helluva great unofficial mascot - Albert!!

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.