Re: [PyrNet-L] Training Collars

Kris,
Personally, I would be very much opposed to using a pinch collar on a 10
week old puppy.  All of the puppy training classes we have been in
require only a buckle collar for puppies and lots of praise and positive
reinforcement....no harsh corrections or choke collars until the pup
knows exactly what is expected and when it is much much older.  Frankly,
I think I would find another trainer.  I've seen all too many Pyrs turn
shy or agressive from harsh training methods.  The best way to get a
puppy's attention is to make training lots of fun.

Charlotte
.