Re: [PyrNet-L] Fw: BEHAVIOR; CARE; CHAT: Wolf's rehome- a question

<<On another subject I had Bear's shoulder x rayed and he has OCD.   He is

on

> a non steriodal anti inflamatory and is supposed to be taking it easy on

> himself but that is hard for him with his brother around.  He does look

> somewhat better.   Any advice or experiences with treatment for OCD????

Really?? Panda had OCD in her shoulder, too. We were afraid she'd have to have
surgery. She was still a pup, though a BIG pup; less than year. We took her
off good food PDQ. She was growing at such an alarming rate it was getting
worse. We put her on adult Eukanuba (vs puppy formula), cut out the canned
puppy food, cut out the vitamins. She was hard to slow down too. Then she
body-slammed Hoover, or rather they body-slammed each other, and Hoover's
right side abdominals tore, leaving her with a hernia you could park a truck
in. Slowed both of them down real quick! With two gimps in the house we left
the beagle and the blind terrier to terrorize each other, walked Panda on a
leash until she stopped limping. When she reached full size we XRayed her
again, and she'd healed nicely. We're still very careful of her shoulders,
though; we don't let her jump out of the cab of the truck, we lift her or at
least assist her down easy. She's four now, and I can't even remember which
shoulder it was.

You can always e-mail me privately if you want to chat more about this.

Kathy
KGHubGas@aol.com