[PyrNet-L] Re: website

After exchanging notes with Ruth let me see if I can explain what's
happening.  Netscape and Internet Explorer (web browsers) at
different release levels are written to a certain level of Java code
that it can read.  Ruth is at a Netscape 3.x level.

There is Javascript in the website and Javascript written for
Netscape 4.x may not work in earlier versions of Netscape.  I had
the same problem on my website not that long ago when I did
some updating and some people with older browsers locked their
computers up.  Whoever did the website change the SCRIPT
LANGUAGE=Javascript1.2 all the way through and the older
browsers may get past crashing.  Statements in the SCRIPT tag
are supposed to be ignored if the browser doesn't have the level of
Javascript support specified.

If you can update your browser to a Netscape 4.x level you'll
probably have no problems.  A download site for getting updated
software is http://cws.internet.com/

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/