[PyrNet-L] re size/typetemperament

Getting this reply off now, really enjoyed your comments Charlotte and also
the article you did after the World Conference. Spent yesterday watching the
1996 Pyr video from the UK and yes some broad, solid Pyrs there. Maintaining
that soundness, great temperament and the Breed type which is the blue print
of any Breed is so important and perish the thought that could all be
sacrificed for more length of leg. Last year I had a call from a man re our
Breeding stock and he wanted me to justify to him the height of my dogs!!
This I would not do because it seemed to be the only thing he wanted to
know. Nothing about hip-scores, diet,fencing,temperament at all, just the
height. I told him my height was 5 ft and at that height I could bend over
my dogs quite nicely thankyou but in a few more years when I lose more
height as I age then I may need a box to stand on. Wished him well with his
chosen breed and said I thought a giraffe could be ideal for him. Heard no
more from him but can't help wonder why he fixated on that one point? Maybe
he'd seen a picture.
Have heard that early spey/neuter is a lot less stressful too something
worth finding out more about for future puppies.
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/