[PyrNet-L] More on size

Charlotte and List,

I have enjoyed this most enlightening and civil discussion
on Pyr size, but have to throw another thought out on the
bitch/season/size connection. I have never heard of this, so
never paid any attention to the size a bitch was when she
had her first season. Thank goodness Cajun did not stop growing
at her first season because she literally was a pint of peanuts.

Cajun was the first puppy that I raised on natural foods, and
of course I was worried about proper nutrition. Both my vets
(holisitic) kept assuring me that she was fine and showing normal
growth patterns. Apparently dogs raised on non-commerical foods
have a much slower growth rate that those raised on commercial foods.

If there is indeed a co-relation between the sexual maturity of
a bitch and physical maturity (size), can outside influences,
eg diet or general environment, effect the genetic predispositon?
Charlotte, these bitches you measured, were they with you or
with new owners? And could a puppy be "pulled" into season
by an older bitch, and therefore have her growth patterns altered?
Any thoughts, anyone?

--
  Carol
 Carol Brescher Boyle                Improving the health of our dogs,

 Need a wholesome dog-friendly recipe? See the "Recipe of the month"
        at the our web-site http://www.naturaldogfood.com