Re: [PyrNet-L] Health/Rescue

In a message dated 5/17/99 5:55:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Yes, I would like to play especially on the Health Issues in the Breed.
Very
 isolated here but a lot of the Pyrs we have had over the years are part of
 the GPC Health Survey. The more we can learn, the more we can identify and
 share our problems. >>

Why don't we start in the health issues area, by listing all the health
issues we see in the dogs.  Lets separate the known genetic or strongly
suspected genetic problems from just everyday problems.  I will start the
list:

GENETIC PROBLEMS

Hip Dysplasia
Lux Patellas
Epilepsy
Congenital and Juvenile Cataracts
Dwarfism

That's five.  Someone else add to the list and lets try to get a complete
list.  If there are gray (grey) areas, lets include them.  Rage syndrome is
one that comes to mind.

Joe