[PyrNet-L] Bloat

Always been worried by it too Peggy yet not had a case. The dogs I know who
have suffered from Bloat appeared to have been the bigger more deep chested
Breeds rather than the Pyrenean who is not so deep in chest nor as large in
body. Have heard the odd very loud belch here and our old dog always has a
bowl of water with his dinner, why I don't know but since having done that
with him, I haven't heard that gut rumbling belch anymore? Maybe it slows
him down with his eating even though he's not a guzzler. Obviously Bloat is
something we must all be aware of and learn to recognise the symptoms we
read about.
Friend of mine years ago always carried a tube when she took her Saints out.
She was a Nurse and the vet had trained her to use the tube if the dogs
bloated. They did quite regularly and were huge dogs?
Best wishes
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/