Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Care: Epilepsy

Dan,
I can only give you my experience with my Golden that had epilepsy.  She
developed it when she was 5yrs old, and we didn't put her on medicine for
about a year, in which they began to get worse.  She was on Phenobarbital,
five 30 mg tablets per day.  She weighed 70lbs.  She started out very low
doses and we adjusted her dosage according her seizures.  I can remember only
two times in her life that she went into static epilepticus and had to be
rushed to MSU and put on IV's.  She lived to be 13yrs old.  The epilepsy
isn't what got her, it was severe arthritis, and inability to walk, so we had
to put her down.  She managed really well.  We found her "triggers" and
stayed away from those stresses.  I don't know if this helps, but there's my
experience!
Becky, Cooper and Zoe
TBSLCOOP@aol.com