Re: [PyrNet-L] french dogs answer

In a message dated 6/1/99 3:55:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, joan@ziehl.com
writes:

<< There was difference in head
 types..maybe not as much as we see here...but definitely some
 differences. I personally preferred the two young boys over Gardayan.
 Gardayan is a lovely dog but for me the two brothers just stood out from >>

Certainly there is almost as much variance in France as anywhere, except I
cannot remember seeing the really heavy headed dogs we see more and more
here.  Don't think everything in France is good in any respect.  They have
tremendous problems as do we all.

Gardayan is a truly magnificent headed dog and pretty good otherwise.  He is
not Mansencal's favorite, Estom is.  Gardayan has made his mark, two wins at
their national Specialty and a tremendous Best in Show in Paris at the
national championship show.  Equivalent to Best in Show at Crufts or
Westminster.   To me Gardayan looks like what I have seen both Mansencal and
Pecoult put up over here.  TG, V. Friend of the Devil, E. Crime of the
Century, etc.  His head also looks more like Estat's head to me than many
others.  Also look at Hartza's head.

On the Brothers, I think they are young yet and their head will become more
like Gardayan and Estom's in the years to come (their father is Estom).
Also remember that Gardayan is getting some age and was shown in the veterans
class.

I have just learned that Estom is dead.  Probably the most important single
dog in France in the last 20 years.  He is probably the end of Comte de Foix
as well as we have all known it over the years.

Joe