Re: [PyrNet-L] french dogs answer

In a message dated 6/1/99 11:26:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pyreau@erols.com
writes:

<<  Janet, I get the impression that
 the dogs you saw were really noticeably larger (not just taller) than
 those we normally see in the US.  Is that right? >>

Probably a fair statement.  I am not sure about the body mass as I feel many
of our dogs are too massive and square.  Blocky might be another adjective.
Pictures many times do not tell the story as the elegance seems to imply less
than there really is there.  They can be huge dogs and still elegant.  Rarely
do we ever see this description of huge and elegant applicable here in North
America.

Joe