No Subject

People are being much more open about this, although I think there are
still some confidentially concerns among some people about taking part
in a study. I know of two people with dwarfs who have agreed to take
part in the GPCA study, but it seems to be getting off to a very slow
start. Hopefully now that Mary Beth Vaudrin and Tami Green have taken
charge, the pace will pick up.

Now, this is my own personal opinion and I can definitely see and
respect other viewpoints: I would not breed a known carrier again, but I
would use a ''50-percenter.'' The reasons being, a: in the lines of dogs
I personally like best, it would be difficult to avoid it, and b: having
been around dwarfism and learned more and more about it, it doesn't
really "scare'' me that much. As Karen said in an earlier post, there
are problems far worse to have in the litterbox. Dwarfism shows up
pretty quickly, and if a pup isn't a dwarf, it's unaffected.

OTOH, something needs to be done before the problem really becomes
rampant and dwarfs are "common.'' I'm glad the GPCA is trying to get
something done.

Also, BTW, the Health Committee is in the process of setting up a
test-breeding protocol.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX