Re: [PyrNet-L] Rescue-- Anatolian not Pyr -- URGENT

I'd like to expound on the dog that Pam mentions. He's in the shelter
near where I live and I have seen him. Pam is right, his time is VERY
limited.

He appears to be a Pyr-Anatolian cross. He has double dewclaws and a
Pyr-type coat, but there's no mistaking the black Anatolian face/head.
Unfortunately, we have a "breeder'' in our area who crosses Pyrs and
Anatolians, apparently believing the mix is a superior guardian dog. He
is a young male (around 2??) and appears to have a sweet temperament. He
is an owner turn-in, but the shelter does not know why. The rescue
coordinator at the shelter says he probably just got too big.

Also unfortunately, our club has enough trouble handling the rescue
Pyrs  in the area and just does not have the financial or foster
capablity to take in an obvious mixed breed.

If by some miracle someone would be interested in fostering/adopting
this dog, let me or Pam know and we'll see what we can do. I hate just
letting him be euthanized, but at this point I'm not sure there's
anything else that can be done, short of some "divine intervention.''

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX