[PyrNet-L] stuffed animals

The "oldtimers" on the list will remember a few Christmas's ago there was a rather lengthy thread on a stuffed dog that looked a little like a Pyr.  The dog was carried by Wal-Mart.  As you'll recall, there was a "feeding frenzy" of people running out and buying those stuffed dogs.  Wal-Marts across the country soon sold out of those dogs.  I saw them and I wasn't real impressed by how closely they resembled a Pyr.

A few weeks ago Kathi and I took a couple days and went to Bar Harbor, Maine.  While browsing the shops we ran across a stuffed dog that really did look like a Pyr.

This dog is a little over a foot tall, has beige-tinged ears and almond shaped eyes.  I've attached a picture I got from the Distributors website.

Apparently this dog comes in varying shades of white.  Some are darker than others and, in fact, the distributor says they might be Golden Retrievers.  Well, the one we bought certainly isn't "golden."

Lo and behold, you can find these stuffed animals on Joan Ziehl's website: http://www.ourdogbleu.com.  Go there, click on "for you", then on "toys and puzzles"  It's item number A1308.

Jim Delaney
Weare, NH  03281
gpyrs@go.com