Re: [PyrNet-L] gene pool size (was size)

In a message dated 6/15/99 1:05:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kshoffman@AOL.COM writes:

<<  I'm now more inclined to construct breedings between
 mates that are as distantly related and as far removed from each other
 genetically as possible with the lowest inbreeding coefficient I can achieve
 within reason.   >>

You would have to incredibly intuitive in your breeding sense.  Few of us
ever are this intuitive.  Only a few people in a lifetime have this rare
talent.  Chance are neither you or I know I am not that intuitive.  No
disrespect intended, sort of like the chances of winning the power ball
lotto.  Pretty incredibly unlikely.  I would bet that once that super
intuitive breeder established their seemingly unrelated breeding, my computer
would show them they were essentially linebreeding.  The linebred stock was
just 5,6,7,8,9 generations back i.e. where they cannot be seen.

Joe