Re: [PyrNet-L] Dog Fancy Advice

>Several months ago, Dog Fancy magazine did an article on the Great
Pyrenees.
>The July 1999 issue has a feature on the Tibetan Spaniel.  The
Tibetan
>Spaniel Global Village breeders are searching for advice.  We are
hoping
>breeders of other breeds that have been "featured" in Dog Fancy can
shed
>light on the increae of inquiries; questions you asked of suspicious
>inquirers to weed them out, and any other advice you may have.

I don't know if the tibbie breeders were able to place rescue and
inquiry
information in the magazine to counter the feature.  The GPCA did this
and
it hopefully helped provide some damage control.  The numbers of
inquiries for information and breeders lists increased.  The best
thing is for
tibbie fanciers to continue to point out the problems with owning a
TS,
educate the ones who want to buy,  and promote the dogs in rescue.
Kerry
Eburg, WA