[PyrNet-L] Chat: New games

Well, we just sat out in the yard in the 90 degree heat.  It was too hot
to play their usual games, so Ciaran (2 year old Irish Wolfhound) sat
and contemplated nature in his usual Wolfhound manner and Anais (almost
6 month old Pyr) explored the perimeter of the yard and chased away any
blimps and airplanes that dared to invade our space.  It made us feel
much safer!

Usually she chases the Wolfhound who races around the perimeter of the
yard like a racehorse while she tries to cut him off at the pass.  This
results in an exhausted Wolfhound and a Pyr puppy still full of energy
because she has covered much less territory and expended much less
energy than he has.  Now she has discovered a new game.  It's called,
"I've got the bone and you can't get it" in which she races around the
yard and he tries to cut her off.  Much more energy efficient!  She
burns it up and he gets to conserve it!  Occasionally, she drops the
bone out of her mouth & he gets it.  He then goes off & lays down to
chew it.  She just goes over and takes it from between his paws (with no
objection from him) and off they go again!  She's too much!  It's a good
thing she's irresistable!