Re: [PyrNet-L] Doggie on the couch & Intro

Intro...
My husband, Bill, and I have "Sophie", a 2 year old Pyr and Too Low, a
rescue Lhasa type about 10 yrs old.  We've had Pyr companions for 22 years
along with multitudes of other domestic pets and livestock pets.  Basically
we are animal junkies.  In addition to the two dogs, currently in residence
are our two riding horses, two mini-donkeys, three spoiled barn cats and
one feral cat that we captured and had checked for disease and then
neutered and released...he eats and drinks here.

Doggie on the Couch...
The last Pyr we had before Sophie was a spayed bitch, who gave a new
meaning to the term shape shifter.  I won't waste space on that but the
"Doggie on the Couch" problem in her household was easily solved.  She
never went on furniture in our presence.  When we were absent, that was
another matter.  She LOVED laying on the sofa...a felony in our household.
When she routinely was there when we arose in the middle of the night she
was discliplined.  OFF...you know the drill.  Didn't work.  She was back
before our head was touching the pillow again.  Cushions up was our
brilliant solution.  Not too comfy without them.  Well, that did not go
over very well with Muggins.  The night we did that she provided us with a
HUGE pee on the carpeting, which she NEVER did.  We got the message.  From
that night forward we threw an old comforter on the sofa at night to keep
the sofa clean and she snoozed happily.  No more soiled rugs either.  I
know ... she won.  But sometimes we just say "so what".  No harm done.

One thing about have Pyrs is that wonderful new stories are happening every
moment when they are part of your family.  Never a dull moment (or quiet
moment either).  But all you have to do is look into those eyes and you are
done for!

Cheers from Sisters, Oregon (near Bend in Central Oregon)

Susanna Klosterman
wdranch@outlawnet.com (guess what "wd" stands for?)  You get one guess.