Re: [PyrNet-L] Floating Pyr

Tracy Bassett wrote:

> It is probably not a good idea to feed too much of the 'nightshade'
> vegetables. These are things like tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum, broccoli
> etc.

I guess I'm out to protect the reputation of vegetables - someones got
to look out for them.

Actually the nightshade family of plants (Solanaceae) which contains the
toxic nightshade species (Solanum spp.) includes the veggies -
potatoes,eggplant and tomatoes. I think people have allowed the toxic
members of this family to sully the rep of the safe members.
Cabbages and their relatives - (Brassicaceae or Cruciferaceae) contain
cabbages, cailiflower, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts,
mustards.... these are all safe for consumption (for humans at least),
excess mustard would be harmful (high in thiocyanates - active
ingredient in mustard gas). I'm not sure why the toxic members of the
carrot/parsnip family - hemlocks - have not  had the same effect on
their safe relatives.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Joe Fonseca