Re: [PyrNet-L] Doggie on the couch

In a message dated 7/26/99 8:24:11 AM EST, tleopold2@plantnet.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any tricks to keeping dogs off furniture? >>

Our dog trainer had a solution for this.  Take mouse traps and set them, and
place on the cushions. Carefully cover the piece of furniture with a sheet.
When the dog jumps up on the furniture, the traps will trip.  With the sheet
on top of them, they shouldn't hurt the dog, just startle him a bit.

We never bothered with trying to keep any of the dogs (or our cats, for that
matter) off the furniture - except the dining table - that's a NO NO.  Our
sofa is 14 years old, so what's a little dog hair on it :-)

Robyn - with the 4 big white fluffy couch potatoes.