Re: [PyrNet-L] Nutritional help

Info. on the Salmonella in eggs.

Newly laid eggs do not normally contain bacteria.
Egg whites, because of their alkalinity, and lack of nutrients needed for
bacterial growth is an effective barrier.  They also contain lysozzyme.

The bacteria needs time for growth, so the fresher the better, and good
refrigeration is important.  If you do use raw eggs, use extremely fresh
eggs,  and consume quickly.

Egg dishes for the very young, pregnant or elderly should all be well
cooked!

Eggs contain the  highest quality protein known 93.7, and is second only
to Mother's milk for human nutrition.  Also the least expensive of the
quality proteins.  All this from our loving little gals that produce
their hearts out for us.  I've got a bunch of books on them since we keep
a good size home flock, currently around 70, so if you need any info.
give a holler!  Cyn.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas