[PyrNet-L] Re: Prednisone

>My father had been on prednisone for many years (at least 10) for
asthma.
>Being a steroid, it caused all sorts of problems for him.  When he
died last
>year, it wasn't because of the operation he had had - it was because
his
>kidneys and other organs had been so damaged from the long use of
prednisone,
>his body just shut down.

My father was on prednisone for 30 years.  Yes, the side effects
shortened
his life by the internal damage and problems relating to that damage.
But, he would not have survived those 30 years without
the medicine.  He had asthma.  With any drug please consider
both the benefits and side effects.
Kerry
Eburg, WA