Re: [PyrNet-L] dew claws

Jaime, It's more likely that most groomers, like many Vets, have no
idea that the Pyr dewclaws are a lot more firmly attached than other
breeds. It is not just simply a piece of cartilage or skin. I would
tell the groomer that you like them that way! I had a new Vet when Bo
was a puppy (had just joined my regular Vet's practice). He suggested
I remove his dewclaws. He got a lecture (pleasant one) on why Pyrs
should keep their dewclaws. To the best of my knowledge, he has never
suggested it again.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com