Re: [PyrNet-L] Hurry up- it's cold......

I know mine have been a gigantic pain with the cooler nights here, and
heavy dews morning and last time out at night.  Increases the smells.  We
have a stray cat around, that isn't afraid of the dogs and is somewhere
near by ( hunts in our woods in the day I expect ), wandering the yard
area at night.  The five dogs go out and just scatter following sniffy
trails.  We have a lot of rabbits, and I guess with the moisture the
scents are just too hard to resist.  It takes them for ever to get down
to business and get the job done.  I can get them in, I just don't feel
like they are doing their jobs well before bed at night.  Their internal
clocks haven't re-adjusted well, to us, with the time change either and
it is somewhat annoying in the morning too.  I'm happy that the weather
is more Pyr. comfortable, but with five dogs it takes a long time to get
anything accomplished!  My friend with the P.B. pig rescue puts all the
piggies up, and spreads inexpensive laundry soap on the yard ( as if you
were spreading fertilizer ) and then hoses the yard down till it is soapy
and bubbly.  Then lets it dry out.  Supposedly it helps with all the
piggy smells.  I'm tempted to see if it would help at all with the dogs
wanting to sniff every little thing.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka