Re: [PyrNet-L] Lip Dermatitis

On 11 Nov 99, at 8:11, GypsyunLTD@aol.com wrote:

> I took Gypsy to the vet yesterday because I noticed that one of her lower
> lips was a bit swollen and wet, and she was diagnosed with mild lip
> dermatitis.  The vet gave me a topical antibiotic and we'll see how she
> does.
>  I had an Irish Setter one time who had chronic problems of a similar
>  nature
> with his lips, and it required a lot of medical attention.  Has anybody
> else had this with their Pyr?

Not with a pyr, but with one of my kitties developed Dermatitis of
the lip and chin.  My vet asked if I was using a plastic container
for her food.  YES!  Changed to a metal container and the dermatitis
cleared right up. Did your vet have any ideas on the cause?
environmental or food allergies might be a possibility?

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico