[PyrNet-L] Chat, Behavior: Disinterested Willow...

It was a beautiful day in upper Michigan...sunny, warm with only
a slight breeze. I took Willow (Pyr) and Tony (GSD) out for a
ride and shopping. Bought my turkey for the big day and went to
my son's house to have him put it in his freezer for me (not much
room in mine). When I arrived at Jeff's place I found him outside
with his 2 dogs, Angie and Patrick. Along with Jeff was his
friend, Scott, with his seeing-eye dog, Gunther (GSD). Jeff has a
HUGE fenced in yard and all of the dogs were running back and
forth chasing a tennis ball and just enjoying themselves to no
end! I thought, "What a great play-time for Willow and Tony". I
brought my 2 out of the car and into the yard...some serious
sniffing took place, but no puffed hackles...just sniffing and
getting to know each other. So, into the back of the yard all of
us went with 5 dogs surrounding us...at least for a little while.
Once Miss Willow noticed that there was a fence and new smells,
off she went, nose to the ground...serious business on her mind!
While the other dogs ran back and forth, tongues lolling out like
pieces of ham chasing that tennis ball...Willow took her time,
sniffing, sniffing, sniffing. After all...she had "things" to
do...not to run around a yard chasing a silly ol' ball! We were
there for about 30 minutes in the sunshine playing with the dogs
and just enjoying their happiness...it was so joyous! BUT the
whole time, there was Willow, nose to the fence line,
sniffing...letting the other dogs "check her out" but she paid
"never no mind" to their overtures, she had pyr-work to do and
she was bound and determined that she was gonna do it! That gal
of mine...just gotta love her! Show a Pyr a fence and there's
work to be done!  :)

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, spaniel busy body,
Tony III, GSD protector & Willow, Pyrenean princess.