[PyrNet-L] My Friend died today(was Midnight)

My turn now Guys!! I lost a friend today who had owned 2 Pyrs in the last 17
years. her first one (TaTa) I got for her, also the 2nd one whom I bred.
TaTa died at 11yrs and Galina  was lonely  so  it was fortunate that Yogi
needed a new home. He was 4 years old and had been "found" in an exclusive
menswear shop in Wellington City selecting his "new ensemble".
Unfortunately, a male Rottweiler had followed Yogi into the shop, obviously
looking for his new outfit and all hell broke loose!!  The owner had tried
to secure Yogi but he was lonely with no one home all day. He had been used
to lots of company prior to the move. I suggested to the owner we find a new
home and Galina was waiting.  She and Yogi spent 6 happy years together.
The retired Russian Ballet teacher and her Yogi.  Every Thursday night they
would stroll into the City where Galina held a special Ballet class. Yogi
would be ready at 5pm waiting and off they went. Galina was 74 years young,
very glamorous and Yogi very handsome. Some combination.  Yogi died 8 months
ago, Galina died today, so she didn't have long to wait to see Yogi again. I
knew Galina was dying, she knew she was dying but that did not stop her
asking if I could give her  another of my Pyreneans. Tomorrow I go and say
farewell to Galina and thank her for what she did for TaTa and Yogi.  No
more phonecalls thanking me for getting Yogi for her( I am the grateful
one), no more phonecalls to discuss the state of the country and the
politics. No more phone calls from that "smoker's Russian accented voice
"Hang on while I get another gin and a cigarette"!!.  Such are the things I
will miss and most of all Galina's repeated "ravings" about her beautiful
Yogi and how beautiful he was. He did so much winning in the show ring as a
young dog but Galina didn't care about that . As long as she had her Yogi
and could still give her all to the future Ballet Dancers here then that was
all she wanted. We sure had some laughs and we had some sorrows when TaTa
and then Yogi died but we could also talk about other things.  Galina had no
Family here so tomorrow I will take a Pyrenean with me to say farewell and
I'm sure all the young dancers will think it's Yogi. It will be his
great-nephew and chosen because he looks like Ch Ariege Beauvoir, the
beloved Yogi.
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Christmaspage.html and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Index.html and
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest Site
http://homepages.msn.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/