Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Pyrenees en guarde

--

> Brandy, regarding your query about vets thoughts on
> the practice of dogs
> eating raw meat/carrion.  I have two vets that
> support this and can name
> quite a lot more.  I guess coming from a rural area,
> I am very relaxed about
> this practice, and vets from rural areas tend to be
> the same.  It is viewed
> as very natural and not something to be at all
> concerned about.  Rural dogs
> here, including my own farm dogs when I was growing
> up, have always been fed
> raw meat and bones and regularly feasted on cow and
> horse dung and other
> glorious stuff.
>
>     I'm usually pretty relaxed about my dogs being
dogs.  Maybe it is because I've been doing my pre-med
work and am going into medicine, my instincts in
regard to meat, is to sterilize, sanatize and cook!  I
know that my Jake's grandmother was very much a
country dog, and working dog.  She lived with her
goats and wasn't protected the way I tend to do with
Jake.  When Jake was born his grandmother was 13 years
old and still going fine.
   I've been wondering if Jake and Ceasar won't eat
these mice in the garage for me though.  I hate cats
but I've been considering borrowing one for a few
days.
   I have one other question about the carrion though.
What about the bones?  I know beef bones are probably
okay, but fowl bones are known to shatter.  How do
you, or the dogs, handle the bones?
                   Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,