[PyrNet-L] Smoke (and alcohol)

I am very glad to get confirmation of this GP reaction. It helps explain
some behavior of my adult dog in recent months regarding people I *knew*
had been smoking, but more helpful, it might explain why he sometimes
objects to passers-by on whom I--having no olfactory skills
whatsoever--could smell nothing.

But I *could* smell alcohol on a neighbor who has come up to pet him twice.
Thus, I am sure Sebastian could smell it too. Exactly like Paddington, "he
just backs away and turns his head." It was a bodily movement I'd never
seen him perform before. It made me wince inside: partly for the woman who
merely wanted to be affectionate, and partly for Sebastian, who, likewise,
if typically very affectionate. In this case, the alcohol left both of them
confused and uncomfortable.

Timothy Quinn McIndoo, M.A.
Editor/writer/researcher
3504 38th Avenue South