Re: [PyrNet-L] Why you chose Pyrs as your breed contest

In a message dated 12/1/99 9:40:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bamb@monmouth.com writes:

<< 1.Best reason you chose Pyrs as your breed (why you got one or more!) >>

    Hi All, The reason, I got my first pyr was, We had just moved to the
farm, pretty much in the country. My husband works out of town and that
leaves just my little girl here alone he is gone months at a time. Right now
he is in CT. for 5 months. People drive up to our house and barn all the
time, they just get out and walk right in the barn as if they belong there. I
also had a pet lamb, and wanted her to be protected also. It was a toss up
between a Pyr or a Newf, well my lamb decided that one she was afraid of
black dogs, anytime a black dog would come around she would panic, so that
was that. It was very funny, but people would get out and walk right past my
small dogs, but now they don't even get out of the car, and all my Pyr's are
in fenced in yards. My lamb took to Conner when we got him right away and
followed him everywhere, it was so cute. What was really funny was that she
thought she was a dog being that she was raised with dogs. Her mother died
and I bottle raised her, well Conner instinctively went right to work even as
a puppy and protected us and the lamb. Since then, I have gotten several more
potato chips, oops I mean Pyr's and have never regretted the
decision...........Debbie and the Pyr gang.