Re: [PyrNet-L] Why you chose Pyrs as your breed contest

Cindy, Jan and I thought we'd make it official! And maybe get more of
those lurkers to speak up! Since no one volunteered to judge with me,>>

OK......OK.....  I confess.....LOL...... I'm a lurker..............  Why
I chose a Great Pyr.. hmmmmm.  Well.  I have a herd of goats, and 2
years ago when I moved.  I HAD to put my goats on my lot before we had a
chance to be there... It drove me nuts.. I was afraid that the
neighborhood dogs (not use to goats) would come and KILL my goats.  They
were all running loose, and mean scruffy looking things.... I wished
back then, that I had a couple of LGD's.... I would go check on them, at
least 3 times a night, and I would try to stay most of the day time..  I
was also told our lot was a path for the coyotes... We ended up moving
our trailer again to a different lot, and we got settled in.  I looked a
little for Anatolians, but, couldn't find one that was reasonably
priced.  Considering we were pressed for money from the move.. I ended
up getting on the internet, I found this web site of this poor lady that
had lost a bunch of pregnant Does do to a dog attack, and had decided
that I was going to get a LGD for my does..I  met a lady who lived in AZ
too.  She asked me why I didn't try a GP.  I thought it would be too HOT
for one to live in AZ. plus I never knew they were considered LGD. She
told me to buy them a kid pool, and a mister, that they would be
fine..... Well the next week, guess what  I found in the paper??? Great
Pyr. pup, 3 months old... I rushed into town and bought him... I named
him Samson......... Then 4 months later I was online, and found Great
Pyr. female, registered, FREE..... Guess what????? she was 7 months old
(The same age as Samson now) AND, HER name was already DELILAH.... We
joke around that it was meant to be....LOL...  When we drove up to get
her she was so beautiful.  I was worried because she was FREE. What was
wrong with her?  Well I can say NOTHING.  They lived in town.  They had
had a litter, and had kept her for there dad, she was the pick, well dad
changed his mind, and now they had an older pup, and everybody wanted a
little pup.  She actually has better confirmation then the one I
bought.... They live with my goats now.. I use to be a devoted Doberman
person, even did Dobie rescue work when we lived in North Carolina. I
didn't know how much I would LOVE  the Pyrs. I confess I'm in love with
these sweet fluffy dogs... And that's about it.  The rest is history..
Ok, now I bet with how long this is, you all wish I would have stayed
lurking......LOL......

Judy
AZ.

Apache Valley Ranch