Re: [PyrNet-L] why I chose a pyr

Well, my roots go back to Newfoundlands.  I grew up with a wonderful Newfie
girl that we got from my aunt & uncle.  She was suppose to be a show girl,
but her bite went off, "Nanny" and I bonded and the rest was history.   I
loved the idea that she was a show dog and from a baby on I went to dog
shows & races (what a combo, huh?) and well the dog shows won!   I used to
play show dog with Nanny.   So, a year after we lost this wonderful girl
that I had basically grown up, we decided to research into other large
breeds.   Although Nanny was wonderful - they take a little more work than
the average dog.  Between the slime on the walls & in their coat and the oil
patches on the walls!<g>  So, after another year of researching (and me
begging for a show dog!) we decided on a Pyr.   That was 12 years ago and my
parents & I have been hooked on Pyrs since (well, a newfie did slip in
once<g>).      I just love those Pyr attitudes (you know, dogs resemble
their owners<g>....), their coats, their instincts, those eyes, well just
about everything about them.   The potato chip factor - well, we have a
total of 7 between my parents and my husband & I!   I'm really itching for
another one (still!) too<BG>!   But the one that always gets my heart the
most, is my first one, "La Neige".  My second champion and the reason for
our obsession with this breed.  Neige is all Pyr, right down to the
attitude! Fortunately she is still with us and happily bouncing along in the
cold and being a pig in the dirt<g>.   But, she still cleans up good and
more than willing to go back into a ring, just moves a little slower<g>.
This is a wonderful breed to be treasured and protected.

Lara Spears
Fayetteville, GA