Re: [PyrNet-L] Why you chose Pyrs as your breed contest

I had first seen a pyr about 25 yrs ago at the Brookfield Zoo and was amazed
by the size and beauty of these two dogs. After this first encounter I had
thought someday I'd love a dog that impressive and beautiful. Over the years
I had forgotten about the dogs since I had not seen any again.That was until
I was looking into getting a Leonberger and did some research on the breed
and found out one of the original breeds was the white dogs I had seen so
many years before.

I had told my husband about my first encounter with the GP. We also did some
research on Newfies too and found of the three original breeds the Pyr seemed
the be the gentelest and problem free.

But we had already put a deposit on the Leo and waiting after two breedings
with no success, we decided to wait, but I wanted a puppy soon. One night my
husband came home with a breeders name and number. I called him that very
night only to be told he had no more pup but was expecting a litter soon. He
took my name and number to call me later. That call came real quick when a
customer brought a little male back because he was going to be too big. (???
DUH) Thus we got Quincy. Followed by his little brother Texotto the
Leonberger. Born 6 months to the day after Quincy.

Sue Callahan
qtsma368@aol.com